Saturday, May 11, 2019

Mother's Day

My mom loved flowers. Didn't matter what kind as long as it was a plant of some kind. So in her memory I have put a selection of photos of flowers on this post. Orange was her favorite color so I have started with big orange poppies which I know she and her mom, my Gram, liked.


Peony. Living where we did in New Mexico peony's didn't do well but they do good where I new live in Kentucky

Wild phlox seen over much of West Virginia this time of the year.

Mother loved iris so here are several different colors.




This azalai is one of the prettiest colors I have seen.

Even dandelions were an nice flower to Mother. She taught me to blow the seeds when I was very small.



I am sure she never saw a tulip tree but I know she would have loved them.


 I remember her showing me the wild columbines in the mountains.

She was always on the look out for wild flowers like these yellow ones.



No comments:

Post a Comment